Week 10 - Screencast-o-matic
👍👍
pros -
- It's free!
- No login/ No account
- Can record an entire screen or only a portion
- It's very useful to teach/explain things because you can also record audio
- It’s super easy to use
- It places a yellow circle around the mouse so you don’t lose track of it
- It places a target over every mouse click
- Can save it to your computer as an mp4, flv or avi
- Can easily upload to YouTube or the Screencast-o-matic website for sharing
Cons -
- Doesn't offer as many attractive features/functions as some of the recording software
- You do not have the ability to edit your screencasts once they are published
- However the audio quality is quite good, the image(video) quality is notedly different from the original one
- Provide only 15 minutes of free recording time (You have to upgrade to Pro account to create longer videos, get much more
When I first took a look at Screencast, it was quite daunting to me. I hated the thought of putting myself on the screen and talking for all to see so I did wimp out a bit and I decided to do a screencast without using the Webcam. Even doing this with just my voice in the comfort of my own home made me nervous. Ridiculous, I know! And do I really sound like that?
Anyway, I had just finished my Powtoon presentation and thought I would make it easy on myself by doing a how-to on a Powtoon slide. I just did my Powtton and explained as I went along and that was it. It was very straightforward to use and was done in no time. You can restart the screencast as many times as you want until you feel like you have it right. It is definitely a handy tool to have.
Comments
Post a Comment